- cas wouters: The posting on my behalf by admin on may 29, to be found above Joahus Lavie’s question, is in...
- admin: Posted on behalf of Cas Wouters: Hans-Peter Waldhoff has interesting publications on the topic of your...
- Joshua Lavie: Dear willem kranendonk , As one of the assistants who laboured with Norbert Elias, and especially on...
- tom scheff: Barbara, I hope you will excuse me for taking six years to reply to your comment. I simply didn’t...
- Jason Hughes: The dates have always been 20th–22nd June. That should still allow you to take your first two weeks of...
Most Commented Posts
Should the “figurati” become “public intellectuals”?
CFP - Norbert Elias and the Civilizing of Laughter
Elias and Foucault's 'technologies of the self'
Concrete and Abstract: Elias, Cooley, Freud, and Goffman
- Should the “figurati” become “public intellectuals”?
Author Archives: Robert van Krieken
Fifth Annual Workshop on Comparative Historical Approaches to Fiscal Sociology, Chicago, 20 Nov 2013
In recent years, scholars from a variety of disciplines have embarked on an innovative wave of multidisciplinary research on the social and historical sources and consequences of taxation. We invite interested graduate students from history, law, and the social sciences … Continue reading
Dear all, The editorial team for the forthcoming Wiley-Blackwell Encyclopaedia of Social Theory is looking for contributors for a number of entries in the Social History section. The length required is indicated, and sadly there’s no fee involved. If you … Continue reading
I’m in the middle of looking at what Habermas means by ‘refeudalization’ (in The Structural Transformation of the Public Sphere), and it turns on his conception of ‘representative publicity’, one of his even more inelegant terms – the thing is … Continue reading
For some reason we haven’t posted this CfP on the blog earlier, but there is a session within RC 20 Comparative Sociology in the ISA World Forum in Buenos Aires, 1-4 August 2012, set aside for Eliasian or figurational papers. … Continue reading